If you want to make money, Remember to read the fine print.

Written on 7:55 PM by Angie


READ THE FINE PRINT = MAKE MONEY!

So as you know(or may not know) I have been experimenting earning money with Google Adsense. Like many people, when I join something I do not go and read every detail of how it works until something breaks (and I may not even do it then). So I was having a problem with the ads on my pages, in that sometimes ads would just disappear! I would try deleted the adsense gadget and re-adding it to no avail. I googled "my adsense ads are disappearing!" and found info on being banned by google, which I knew was not true for my case, as I did in fact have ads, just not all the ads i had placed. So then I did a search for "Google Adsense ad limits" and I discovered that there is in fact a ad limit! It would have saved me a lot of grief had I just gone ahead and read the rules and regulations to begin with (not that I have done that yet). The limit is 3 Ads per page and you can not always get away with the ads in-between posts as counting as "1 ad", just be sure to ad it last. You can understand how not having you ads placed correctly could cost you money.

Another problem that i discovered is that your own IP Address is not blocked from your pages. Meaning that each time you look at your page it counts toward your CPC Ratio's that are calculated by Google Adsense. Now if you like me, and like to "view" your page/blog after you've made layout changes or added a post to be sure everything looks good and do this often, you will find that it makes a (sometimes big) impact of your profits. Now Google is pretty strict (like fight club, we do not talk about fight club. Well with google, we do not talk about google... profits, ratio's, etc). But i will tell you that after having only 2 clicks today, but having viewed the pages myself several times because i was having technical issues, my ratio was so low that i made .09 cents. Now if you have a high traffic page this shouldn't be a problem to you, and in the preliminary stages of a web page it should be expected to have low profits. But me, I'm sorta against self sabotage, no matter how small.

One more thing. If you have several pages that you are advertising on with Google Adsense and some fair very well and others not so well. The ones that do not fare as well are costing you money. Because Google Adsense doesn't give you a ratio per web page/blog, they calculate your CTR as a whole. So if you have a great page with awesome traffic who click often, then you create a brand new page with a high traffic rate, but they do not click ads often, you WILL lose money. My advice, if one of your pages it found lagging, create a new Google account and replace the ads.

TIP: If you want Google Adsense Ads between posts, go into your layout, click "edit" on the blog posts widget. A box will pop up, scroll to the bottom and click "add adsense". Voila!

Good Luck All with your Money Making Plans!
Sincerely,
Angie






If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment